The field of scholarly publishing and metrics includes all disciplines and variety of skills: researchers from different research areas, information specialists and librarians, editors, publishers, educators and students, policy makers and managers contribute to this field of investigation.
We welcome you to take part in a conference that strives to present and discuss new trends in the scholarly publishing area. The PUBMET2016 conference will present innovative approaches, best practice discussions and take on future challenges. The organizers aim to maintain lively discussion among experts in various fields involved in scientific publishing and dissemination of knowledge.
- Department of Information Sciences, University of Zadar
- University of Zagreb
- Ruđer Bošković Institute, Center for Scientific Research, Zagreb
Themes of the conference include the following:
- Open Scholarship, Open Science, and Cultural Heritage Online
- advancements in scholarly publishing and communication through education, collaboration, and networking,
- from Open Research to Open Publication,
- open repositories and archives and the role of libraries,
- key features and services of open repositories,
- re-using repository content: thematic repositories and services, discovery services, repository networks,
- heritage and digital humanities resources,
- human-computer interaction, web usability.
- Scholarly Metrics and Assessment
- indicators and tools for the assessment of research,
- altmetrics and social networking.
- Scholarly publishing in the 21st Century
- new models of scientific publishing and peer review,
- beyond journals and books, beyond PDF: new forms and formats in digital publishing,
- social networks, scholarly communication and active readers,
- best editorial practices.
- Rights management in the context of open access publishing
- licenses (e.g. Creative Commons, Open Data Commons),
- funder mandates and requirements.
- Ethical considerations
- responsibilities of authors, editors and publishers,
- conflict of interest,
- redundant publications.
- Business models in scholarly publishing
- open access models,
- article processing charges,
- grant and post-grant publications.
- the role of government and institution as a funder,
- “predatory journals”.
Submission can be in the form of:
- Papers: scholarly studies and reports on practices and advances that will be presented at the conference. Both completed research and early work/preliminary results are invited.
- Abstracts: Should have approximately 2 500 characters (500 words), plus references.
- Full papers: Should have approximately 4 000 words, plus references.
Posters: Should have approximately 1 500 characters (300 words), plus references. Proposals for posters that showcase current work are invited from researchers, repository managers, administrators, developers and practitioners. Authors will have an opportunity to give short presentation of their poster during conference, and attendees will have a chance to discuss the presented work during the poster reception. Posters will undergo a double-blind review. Award will be given for the best poster.
The size of the poster should be maximum 70 x 110 cm.
Workshops: two-hour sessions tutorial and educational in nature, are intended to foster interactive discussions among attendees who share common interest. Description should contain approximately 1 000 characters (200 words).
All proposals should follow guidelines and use templates available at PUBMET2016 website(Click here!). All work should be in English, original and not previously published. Submission should be made using the EasyChair submission system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pubmet2016)
Abstract submission: May 8, 2016
Abstract acceptance notification: September 1, 2016
Early bird registration ends: September 20, 2016
Full paper submission (optional): October 15, 2016
End of registration: October 15, 2016
Revised paper submission: November 20, 2016
Each submitted paper will be blindly reviewed by at least two peer-reviewers with appropriate expertise.
Accepted full and short papers will be published in the journals 027.7 and/or Libellarium: Journal for the research of writing, books and cultural heritage institutions, which are scholarly Open Access journals indexed in EBSCO, DOAJ and other databases. Furthermore, all accepted articles will be available in the ZENODO open digital repository.
Pubmet 2016 Pubmet2016 pubmet